Every Airbender needs their own glider. Today, we’re going to complete a glider — made for us by a friend — with fabric details for our gender-bent Aang cosplay. If you do not have someone to make a glider for you, we recommend looking on Etsy or Ebay. Or, if you’re feeling really creative, try making the wooden glider frame on your own!
Adding Fabric to Our Glider with CosBond Attach & Build
- First, spread the glider arms over a large piece of paper, and trace them.
- Then, mark the width of your fans. Connect all of the arms with a curve. Do this for both the top and bottom of the fan, and cut them out.
- Pin your pattern to your fabric (with it folded in half.)
- Use a fabric pencil to trace on the pattern, and cut your fabric out. Leave half an inch on the top to sew the sides.
- Now, sew the sides of the fan.
- Trace out several strips of Attach & Build the width of your glider arms, and cut those out. Peel and stick your Attach & Build to the arms.
- Then, carefully stick the fabric to the glider arms. Do this for both the top and bottom fans.
And, just like that, we’re done with our glider! We are on our way to being airbending masters.